We wanted to alert you to an issue we are having with Facebook at the moment. Yesterday, Facebook updated their API and since then we have discovered that My Taptu customers who have previously added their Facebook stream or their Facebook Links stream to their app, can’t get their app to start at all on the iPhone. On Android, the Facebook stream won’t update.
We are fully aware that this is a major problem and since pinpointing the issue we have been working hard to get it fixed.
BUT, if you can’t live without My Taptu, we do have a temporary solution on how you can get the app back up and running. You will need to remove your Facebook stream and Facebook Links stream from the app by following these steps:
1) Under Settings, tap Airplane Mode “On”.
2) Load My Taptu and tap on the Edit button in the left hand corner.
3) Locate your Facebook stream and if you added it, your Facebook Links stream. Tap the red circle on the left of each stream and then hit “Delete.” Hit Done to go back to the My Taptu home screen.
4) To restore your connection, return to settings. Tap Airplane Mode “Off”.
iPhone My Taptu 1.3.2 fix is now live in the App Store. The new version of the app will resolve the Facebook stream problems. Please go to the App Store to update your app!
On Android devices:
1) Please do not tap on any of the article cards in your Facebook stream or your Facebook Links stream. Tapping on them will crash the app.
2) We will be submitting a fix to the Android Market in a few hours. Once the fix is submitted the problem will be resolved.
Android fix has been submitted and is now live! Facebook streams should be working in My Taptu once again.
Stay Updated! Thank you for your patience as we sort this problem out. Please check back on our blog to see when the fix has gone live and you can once again add your Facebook streams to My Taptu. We will also be sending updates via Twitter @Taptu, on our Facebook page, and on our community help pages. Please ping us if you need to get in touch or need help.