Today, we’re introducing a whole load of new features in our latest update—2.1–for Taptu. We hope you find our app one of the most—if not the most—comprehensive readers on the market. The updates run across all of our apps: iOS, Android, Nook, Playbook, and Amazon.
So, what do we have for you?
1) Synch Taptu Across ALL Your Devices: That’s right, you can now synch your news across all of your devices and you don’t even need to create a new user profile. You can simply log into Taptu using Facebook, Twitter, Google or LinkedIn and all of your mixed and mashed streams from your favorite sources and topics will update in real-time on all devices. And, when an article has been read in Taptu it will be marked as read on all devices.
2) Search Streams for iOS: Search streams have been a hit with our Android users, and we’ve now added the same capability for iOS users.
iPhone and iPad users can now create a stream for any topic from a keyword. How do you do this? Let’s say you want to read news on just “the iPad”. You can either create the search stream from a single source such as TechCrunch, Taptu’s curated Technology streams, or your own mixed stream of technology news. The keyword stream will pull all articles with the term “iPad,” in it.
3) A Significant Face Lift: Taptu has a new look and feel—cleaner and less cluttered. We’ve redesigned the home page and the article cards to make discovery, navigation and sharing even easier. Stories you are reading in Taptu now include links that take you directly to more stories.
4) Localized Versions for Germany, France, and Spain: We’ve translated Taptu in German, French and Spanish. We’ve also created country-specific StreamStores with topics and streams specifically for our fans in German, France and Spain.
5) Taptu now fully supports the new iPad’s retina display.
6) Speed and performance improvements: faster and more fluid, Taptu has gotten a significant boost in speed.
As always, we welcome your thoughts and questions on Taptu. The easiest way to contact us is through @Taptu on Twitter, or on our Facebook Page, or via email at [email protected] Thanks for trying out Taptu!